Buy at the station
Ask for PLUSBUS when you buy train tickets at any National Rail station ticket office.
The rail ticket retailing websites (below) will automatically offer you PLUSBUS if it is available for the origin and/or the destination town(s) of your train journey:-
- chilternrailways.co.uk online season ticket renewal
- firstcapitalconnect.co.uk online season ticket renewal
- firstgreatwestern.co.uk online season ticket renewal
- londonmidland.com online season ticket renewal
- mytrainticket.co.uk booking fee charged
- qjump.co.uk booking fee charged
- scotrail.co.uk online season ticket renewal
- southeasternrailway.co.uk online season ticket renewal
- southernrailway.com online season ticket renewal
- thetrainline.com booking fee charged
- tpexpress.co.uk online season ticket renewal
If you have a rail season ticket bought from Chiltern Railways, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, London Midland, Southern, ScotRail, Southeastern or TransPennine Express you can now renew your rail season and buy a PLUSBUS season ticket online. You'll need your Photocard serial number to do this.
How will I get my tickets?
You will be asked to choose (during the online booking process) how you want to obtain your train and PLUSBUS tickets. Here are the most popular options:-
- Collect from a self-service ticket vending machine at the station (this is free). If you choose this option, and you want bus travel to start your journey, then you'll have to collect your tickets on a previous occasion.
- By post - please allow up to 5 days for delivery.
- Courier - next-day delivery is usually available (for a small additional charge).
To start your journey with a bus trip to the station, you must choose to obtain your tickets in advance of the day of travel. There are three ways you can do this:-
- have your tickets posted to you, or
- pay for next-day courier delivery, or
- pick-up your tickets from the station on a previous occasion.
You must show the actual PLUSBUS ticket to the bus driver in order to travel (we're sorry, an online booking confirmation will not be accepted).
Buy from ticket vending machines
Train companies are starting to programme their ticket vending machines at stations to offer you PLUSBUS day tickets for your destination town.
East Midlands Trains, Greater Anglia, Southern and South West Trains are the first train companies whose ticket vending machines now automatically offer travellers PLUSBUS day tickets for their destination town. So you can avoid the ticket office queue!
Click here to see a demonstration of how to use the ticket vending machine to buy PLUSBUS day tickets. You can print-off this demonstration and serve yourself now!
Buy tickets by 'phone:
Call: 08457 000 125 or 0191 387 1387.
These lines are to buy tickets only, sorry no general enquiries.